Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Writing - In Progress: End of March

A couple of weeks ago I posted about some writing challenges I was facing and some things I wanted to take on/decide about.  Well, I thought an update was in order.

After spending some time re-reading my newest novel - I have made some major changes to it.  This is the one where I wasn't liking my main female protagonist.  I changed her background quite a bit and she now seems more like the secure woman I wanted her to be to begin with.  I have also added a third main character.  This one took me by surprise as she was not in the original draft at all.  I am much appier with the way this story is going now, though.

I also decided for certain that I will not be doing a version of NaNoWriMo in April.  I took a good look at my family's April calendar and oh my - there is no way I can fit in writing 50,000 words, as well.  Just no way. 

I am going to take on a writing project for April but it's 18,000 words and that is much more manageable.  This is a story that I will be submitting by the end of the month.

And finally, I have submitted Safe Haven to a couple of new agents.  I have a few more agents and publishers to send it off to, as well. 

In addition to all of this - I have been writing more regualarly over the past couple of weeks.  So, all in all, I am pleased with where I'm at writing-wise at this time.  I have every intention of keeping up the output of words and continuing to submit the manuscripts.

How is the writing going for everyone else? I'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got some good stuff happening with your writing :) I'm glad to hear you're happier with your MC now!

    I've got some changes to make for my MC (and other characters) as well, and my novel has undergone some serious changes lately. But it's only got more changes to endure in the near future!

    I'm also still doing Chrysalis though it's pretty difficult sometimes to keep up with that as well as everything else. ;) I'll be doing the A-Z blogging challenge in April, but hope to keep each entry short & sweet. hehe

    ReplyDelete