Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Favorite Picture Book Blogfest

It's been such a crazy-busy day that I am just now getting around to posting for the "My Favorite Picture Book" Blogfest.  This event is being hosted here.

As I said before, I am simply not able to write about only one book.  So, I want to tell you about my favorite as well as favorites of my children.



My daughters love any thing by Eric Carle.  A particular favorite is The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  In this very sweet story there is a very hungry caterpillar that goes around eating practically every thing he can find.  My oldest used to joke that he was having a growth spurt without even knowing how accurate she was being.  Of course, then the little caterpillar becomes a big fat caterpillar and makes himself a coccoon; where he becomes a very beautiful butterfly.


Another favorite author in our house is the ever-wonderful Dr. Seuss.  With his fun rhyming and often wacjy stories - he creates a lot of hilarious moments around here.  And his books are great for early readers.










And now, for my personal favorite picture book - Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey.  I love every thing about this book; the story, the illustrations, the sweetness of family and community.  As soon as my husband and I learned that we were pregnat with our first child, I went out and bought this book.  I wanted this to be the first book in my children's library.  I even read it to my kids while pregnant with them.  This book is not only my favorite but a definite family favorite.





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Sheery, it's great to read your favourite picture books. I haven't read, Make Way For Ducklings, but I'm sure I've seen the cover. The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Green Eggs and Ham are both classics and I believe as much loved today as when they were first published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are several of the favorites in our house, too. Did you know there's a statue of the ducklings entering the Public Garden in Boston? It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list is fab and I will head out to find a copy of Make Way for Ducklings! I also love the idea of reading to your kids during pregnancy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete