Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Book Blogger Hop - 3/11 - 3/14

Book Blogger Hop The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.  This week's Hop question is:

 "If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?"

I have a really weird habit when it comes to book related gifts, especially gift cards.  I don't read the books or use the gift cards right away.  I like to savor the anticipation of gifted books.  And I like the idea of being able to buy new books over the course of a period of time, rather than all at once.

So, if I were given $80 to spend on books today - I would buy Haunting Jasmine by Anjali Banerjee.  I'd also pre-order the new Sarah Addison Allen and then I'd put the rest of onto a gift card in order to spread the book buying happiness out over time.

3 comments:

  1. That makes a lot of sense, Sheery...spreading out the good stuff a bit.

    Here's MY BLOGGER HOP POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comment....Will have to check out your list...this week's question is GREAT....more books to add to stack. :)

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delaying gratification... hmmm, not a concept I'm familiar with but I like your answer! :-)
    My list is here:
    http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.com/

    Have a great (rest of) weekend!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete