Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Musing Monday's: Reading While Otherwise Engaged

Musing Monday's is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. This week, MizB asks:

Do you read books while you…eat? … bathe?… watch movies or tv?… listen to music?… While you’re on the computer?

This is an interesting question.  I have never read while on the computer.  If I'm listening to music - I'm really into the music and therefore, not reading.  If I'm watching a movie, I'm generally with my husband or children - so no, not reading.  If I'm with any of them - we are doing something together.  I don't want to shut them out by reading.  This is the same with reading while eating.  If I'm alone, then absolutely I will read.  If anyone is with me - I won't read.  Our lives are so busy and I cherish the time we are actually doing things together.  My reading generally occurs at night after everyone else is asleep and all the things I need to do are done.

1 comment:

  1. I do read books while on the computer actually! I have no patients so while the page or pages are loading I can get in a few sentences. I also read while cooking, LOL. My husband thinks this is so funny. I definitely read while watching TV, during the commercials.

    ReplyDelete