Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Schedule

It took 90 minutes to get my kids to sleep tonight. I realize that I need to adjust their schedule before school begins in a couple of weeks. Here's the hard part - this means adjusting my schedule, as well. I am not a morning person. I never have been and honestly don't know if I ever will be. And guess what? My children are not morning people either. Nor is my husband for that matter. We are a family of night owls.

Of course, we all know school happens during the day and starts early in the morning. If my children (and even myself) don't get enough sleep they are cranky and very ill-mannered. This will make all of miserable and I don't want that. How sad to send a tired, cranky child off to school and expect tham to do well and focus. I don't think it's possible. So, a schedule overhaul is a must at my house. Including my own schedule. I'd like my children (and yes, my husband and I) to get plenty of sleep, wake up happy in the morning, eat breakfast, get dressed, brush their teeth and get out the door without a lot of drama and hysterics. Is this possible or am I being naive? Can I turn my nocturnal family into morning people just by schedule adjustments? I certainly hope so and will know for certain in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment