Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Lovely Bones Teaser

Teaser Tuesday's is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read -
Open to a random page -
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser from page 17:
After a few days in heaven, I realized that the javelin-throwers and the shot-putters and the boys who played basketball on the cracked blacktop were all in their own version of heaven. Theirs just fit with mine - didn't duplicate it precisely, but had a lot of the same things going on inside.
I have had this book on my shelf, waiting to be read for quite some time. I've heard and read so many great reviews but have always been really nervous to actually read the story. I am finally going to read it though - with a friend. So if we have meltdowns over the sadness we're anticipating then at least it will be together. My husband laughed when I told him this plan, by the way.

1 comment:

  1. Let him mock ha ha! I'm just glad I'm not reading it alone, I still haven't quite got over "The Time Travelers Wife" yet. Sigh, it's hard to be a sensitive soul :)

    ReplyDelete