Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Journal Writing

The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium. ~Norbet Platt
I came across this quote and read it over a few times because I feel that it is an absolute truth. For me, anyway. As I said in my post from two days ago (yes I know I missed a day in the challenge and need to play catch up) I miss the act of writing with pen and paper. I realize that in addition to what I wrote in that post, it really is calming. Depending on what is written it can also be an emotional release.

Before I was a blogger I was a journaler. I had a journal of my own and one for each of my children. I wrote in theirs beginning during my pregnancies. When I started my family blog I stopped with the journals. I must admit I am sad about this and have decided to go back to writing to my kids in their journals. To me it is so much more personal as all of the entries are in my handwriting rather than something I've typed out.

As for my own journal - I want to go back to writing that, as well. It was a place for me to be creative but also a place to just dream. It was often a place that I would just ramble about something that I knew no one cared to hear about but I needed it out of myself. And guess what? Without fail - I always felt better for my written babble. I believe writing to my kids and writing for myself makes me a better mom and definitely a happier person.

No comments:

Post a Comment