Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Late Summer Cleaning

With Autumn due to arrive in a month (or so the calendar says) I find myself feeling the need to clean and organize neglected spaces in my house. Like closets, book shelves and toy boxes. Yes, part of this is due to the fact that school is starting. I need to deal with all the clothes my kids have outgrown and the toys they don't play with anymore. Another part of it is just that I like the feeling of accomplishment once all of this sort of decluttering is dealt with. I like having everything organized - even if it doesn't stay that way for long.

I am also of the strong opinion that less is more. I wasnt my children to understand that they don't need a ton of stuff to be happy. Believe me when I say they are not in any way deprived. I just don't feel like they need more than one of the same toy or book. They can share. Plus, we do go through their stuff (ours as well) a couple of times a year. For the sake of cleaning but also to donate the outgrown stuff. This is what we've been doing the past couple of days and will hopefully finish up tomorrow.

Of course, there is a surprise for my kids at the end of all of their hard work. They've been asking to go and see a major league baseball game at the stadium and we're finally going to take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment