Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Time

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading. This weeks pondering:
What is the first book you remember reading? What about the first that made you really love reading?


The first book(s) I remember reading are the Dick and Jane series. I learned to read with these simple, but sweet stories about a brother and sister and their dog Spot. I was in first grade. The beautiful thing is that now my daughter has been reading this series this summer - and yes, learning to read.

There are two books that I read back to back when I was a little girl that made me fall in love with reading. They are Black Beauty by Anna Sewell and Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. I read these books with my Grandma at about age seven, maybe eight, and I was completely swept away in the adventures of both stories. A lifelong pleasure, thrill and need for reading were born.

No comments:

Post a Comment