Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Reading Evolution

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading. This weeks pondering:
Have your reading choices changed over the years? Or pretty much stayed the same? (And yes, from childhood to adulthood we usually read different things, but some people stick to basically the same kind of book their entire lives, so…)
My reading choices have absolutely changed over the years. When I was young(er) I loved science fiction and adventure stories. I adored 'choose your own adventure' books. My favorites book (which was the first in a series I loved) was A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. As an adult, I still like a good adventure story but I'm not quite as intrigued by science fiction. Now I love detailed, multi-layered stories where the characters overcome something to be stronger people. I love mysteries which is a carryover from childhood as I was a big Nancy Drew fan. I also love a really good romance which I didn't start reading until I was sixteen so, definitely not a childhood thing.

So, while some genres have remained from childhood, I have definitely added others to my repertoire.

4 comments:

  1. As I have always read pretty much everything, my reading has not really changed over the years.

    Here is my A-Z Wednesday post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though my reading may not have changed all that much, I like to think that it has improved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have changed a bit through the years.

    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My preference didn't so much change, as it did...evolve. Here's My BTT

    ReplyDelete