Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Duran Duran Album Update



Anyone who knows me knows that Duran Duran is my favorite band. Ever. I fell in love with them in the 80's and have never grown out of them. Despite the fact that my mom swore I would when I had my teenage room wall papered with their posters, and doodles about them all over my school notebooks. LOL

I admit that there is not a single picture of Duran Duran hanging in my home now. However, I have all of their CD's and everything I've ever owned of theirs - including all of my vinyl albums and singles. It helps that my husband is a DJ, of course. Duran Duran have been working on their latest studio album (with Mark Ronson) for some time. I am happy to learn that it is almost (if not already) complete. I hope this means that the release date will be this Autumn.

Part of what I've always loved about Duran Duran is that they are musicians. I admire the fact that they will try new things but always with the integrity of their art and craft in mind. As seen in the above video they're using an antique military drum in one of their songs for this album. I love that - it is so cool.

While I am thoroughly looking forward to the new album I am also eagerly anticipating a tour. There's nothing like seeing them live. The bonus is that my children now adore their music and my oldest wants to see them in concert. I told her I'll take her to their concert(s) with me this time. It's very exciting experiencing the music through the eyes and ears of my children. In a way it makes it all new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment