Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon Wrap Up

It's over and I had a great time.  Well, for the most part.  I didn't make it all the way through because I got sick at the beginning of the twentieth hour.  Literally, and I'll spare the details.  My advice for the next one - get more rest leading up to the event.

It truly was something wonderful to be a part of, though.  I was really inspired by the number of people participating, visiting people's blogs, all over the world.  It was truly a community event.

I ended up reading five and-a-half  books.  Four of which were children's books - so quicker to get through.  I loved offering a mini-challenge and participating in a couple of them.  The best part for me was, of course, the reading.  Not just any of the reading but reading to my children.  They knew I was taking part in this and they were so excited leading up to it and all of yesterday.  My oldest child is already talking about the next read-a-thon and wanting to take part at some point.  I've always wanted my kids to love reaidng and this inspired my oldest so I love it all the more.

I will absolutely be participating in the future.  I'd even host another mini challenge if I'm eligible to do so.  Hopefully I'll get some of my friends involved, too.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! My "Friday" hop is a all weekend gig due to children and work, but I'm finally making my rounds! I love your background.. so serene! I look foward to reading more from you, back to exploring your blog! I'm following you here and on twitter! ( :

    ReplyDelete