Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Read-a-Thon Mini-Challenge: Title Word Scramble

Thank you for coming to participate in my mini-challenge.  So, you know the games you play at Bridal and Baby Showers? I love those games.  I especially love the word scrambles that relate to the event.  When I saw the sign up for mini-challenges I immediately thought it would be so much fun to do a Book Title Word Scramble. 

Unscramble the twenty book titles and then leave a link to your post.  I will choose two winners to receive bookish favor bags as prizes.  Which means, each winner will get one book and other book-related items.  I will ship the prizes anywhere.  As far as I know, the challenge is open for three hours - 5 - 8 p.m. Pacific Time.  If that is not the case, I will find out and pass on the correct information.

The book titles are all fiction (just to make it a little easier).  They are a mix of modern, classic and children's titles.  I want to offer a special thanks to my husband and our oldest child (and one of her friends) for helping me to come up with the titles.

EDITING TO ADD: My mini-challenge is now closed.  I used random.org to select my winners and have e-mailed them to the people in charge at the read-a-thon.  As soon as they announce the winners I'll post them here.  Thank you to all who stopped by to participate.  It was so much fun!

The winners are: Alison at Piling on the Books and Kristen at Bookworming in the 21st Century! Congratulations! I'll be in touch on your sites.  :)

Enjoy! Here is the list:

1.yfferil enal

2.aste fo eend

3. retwa orf pntshleea

4.ot lkli a ckomgnrbdii

5. het gtaer ysbtag

6. yrhra tetrpo dna eth lyhdtea wollsah

7. ht e rat fo nrgcai ni eht nair

8.eth mite reslveart efwi

9. eht rlig ithw eht gnodar ooattt

10.ydira fo a mypiw idk

11.a kwrlnei ni emit

12. het rpoal sxprese

13.vole dewlak ni

14.reehw eth dwli hingts rea

15.eht ginnhsi

16.dnohogigt oonm

17. vwtienrie hwti a pvmarie

18. eht cretse file fo eesb

19. eht raesch

20. het pelh


35 comments:

  1. This was great fun. I hope I did this right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really felt like I was using some brain power! I should do word scrambles like that every day, that totally woke me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh, this was fun. thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I apologize in advance if you get multi-posts from me- I think my computer is suffering from over-posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! That was fun! I hope I got most of them lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're all having fun - and waking up. :) It was great fun to put together with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome minichallenge! My brain needed that workout :-) I'll be posting my answers with to my 11pm update (just before the challenge closes).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this! I always enjoy puzzles! Thanks for the mini challenge! It was a nice break from reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was more challenging than I thought it was going to be. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not usually very good with scrambles...but I feel pretty good about this one. If only scrambles could always be done with book titles.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love word games and I love that you threw in a little of everything from children's books to classics to modern popular literature.

    Thanks!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Some of those were pretty tough. But that was fun. Nice little break. Now, back to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's my try!

    http://gothougeekly.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/title-word-scramble/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a lot of fun! Thanks for this mini challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went from the bottom up and found #2 to be the hardest.

    But I liked doing them.

    Nice Mini-challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite challenge. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE this mini challenge!

    I love all kinds of brain exercises. I do word scrambles, word puzzles, sudoku, etc. so this was right up my alley!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was tough but really fun. Great mini-challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love word games and puzzles, too! I had to break down and get some coffee. It's a good thing I'm not doing this challenge right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was unexpectedly challenging, and lots of fun! A good mental break from reading, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We really needed a break like this! Very fun. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks, Sheery, that was fun. When I had figured out the titles, I counted eleven of the twenty that I had read.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great minichallenge--I love word scrambles! It was good break from reading... now back I go.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That was so much fun! Thanks Sheery! The word scrambles helped clear my head. Now I feel more prepared to read some more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a great challenge! Thanks for hosting it!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea - I LOVED this mini-challenge! Thanks Sheery!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was very stimulating. A great break from all the reading. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fun puzzle! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My first mini challenge completed! Thanks for the fun Sheery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love word puzzles! Great idea for a mini-challenge, and thanks for hosting, Sheery! :)

    ~ Shannon
    Giraffe Days

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome Challenge! I thought I didn't have enough brain power left to tackle this but I did!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think I posted mine at the buzzer, but my Internet crashed when trying to post.

    Crossing fingers I made it in on time....

    ReplyDelete