Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

In Five Days -

-- the NaNoWriMo adventure begins.  I'm as ready as I can be at this point.  I have a plot, main characters are named and semi-outlined and a setting for the book.  This is a lot more than I had last year at this time.  Actually, this is quite enough for me, too.  I'm a better writer if I allow the story to flow as I'm telling it.  If I have too much of it structured, I feel hampered creatively.  A little odd, I suppose, but true.

I'm really excited to get started.  Although, over the past couple of days, more events have been added to my family's November calendar.  A couple of things I'd like to say no to but I really can't as it would bum out my kids.  So, I'm just going to have to be more stubborn about my writing time than ever.  It's all right though, it's one month.  This adventure can and will be done.  I'm just going to have to be very creative in making the time.

Editing to add: I forgot to mention that I made a playlist for this book.  I am very inspired by music and for some reason, there are always certain songs that I associate with writing my books.  As I've been planning (the bit that I have done) this book, each time I've been inspired by a song, I've added it to my playlist.  I've got 14 songs - it's great.  Oh, and my husband is writing me a theme song for the book.  I found a way for him to be involved in the adventure.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment