Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Books From Other Countries

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading. This weeks question:
Name a book (or books) from a country other than your own that you love. Or aren’t there any?
This is an easy queation.  There are many authors/books that I like from other countries.  I adore Maeve Binchy's books and she's from Ireland.  The first book I can remember reading by her is Tara Road.  Since then I have read almost all of her books.  She makes me feel like I'm in Ireland among the families and fvriends that her stories always revolve around.

I also love the Millenium series by the late Swedish authorStieg Larsson.  I feel like I've posted so much about his series this year that I'll just leave it at the fact that I do adore the books. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of Maeve Binchy. I'll have to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Binchy's short stories, but never have been able to get through one of her novels. Maybe I should give them another try - I really love her stories.

    ReplyDelete