Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday's: A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

Teaser Tuesday's is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. To play along, just do the following:
- Grab your current read

- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teaser.
 
My teaser, from page 115 of A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness -
 
The pieces of my puzzle started to move of their own volition, swirling in patterns that were too fast to follow.  I slapped my imaginary hands on the table and the pieces stopped their dance.  My palms tickled with recognition.

7 comments:

  1. Discovery of Witches sound like a read I'd be interested in, thanks for the teaser.

    The novel I am featuring is due for release tomorrow ...it's brilliant..here's the link
    http://sooozsaysstuff.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-for-april-12th-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot of good things about this book, it is definitely one that is on my wish list.

    Great teaser!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been saving this one to read when my workload decreases in a couple of week. Can.not.wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started this a while ago but wasn't in the mood. Nice teaser though! Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I've got this one on my tbr pile.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! I'm on the waiting list at the library for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't put this book down! The history, romance and folklore keep you invested from the 1st page.Looking so forward to read the second book!

    ReplyDelete