Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon

I am so excited! Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon is in four days.  I participated for the first time in October and have eagerly anticipated doing this again.  My husband and children know that I am doing this again but I will be sure to remind them.  They were super sweet and supportive about it in October - so I imagine they'll be the same this time.

I'm taking my daughters to the library Friday afternoon to pick out some books for themselves to enjoy on Saturday, as well.  My oldest is thrilled about this as she has become quite a good little reader this year at school.  Of course, my youngest is just as pleased because she is really into the picture books and identifying what is on every page of every book.  I was determined that my kids be readers and I am happy to say that they definitely are.

I have a few books ready to go for Saturday.  Okay, for some reason blogger isn't letting me upload pictures so I'll just tell you what the books are.  The Distant Hours by Kate Morton, A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness, Watership Down by Richard Adams, Haunting Jasmine by Anjali Banerjee and Dukes to the Left of Me, Princes to the Right by Kieran Kramer.  I know that's an ambitious amount of reading but hey, I like to aim high.  Most important for me about the read-a-thon is to have fun and enjoy the comraderie with fellow book lovers.

It's not too late to sign up if you want to take part in the fun.  Oh, I just remembered that I need (fine, I want) snacks for Saturday.  I'm going to get healthy stuff but know that I will also need coffee and chocolate.  It's just the way it is for me. 

3 comments:

  1. Great list there, Sheery! I'm doing the read-a-thon too. I'm never very successful on them, but I still enjoy it. Hope you have fun too. =O)

    My spring read-a-thon is coming up at the end of April. I'll have sign ups ready on Monday. Hope you will join me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sheery! It looks like you have some great books lined up for the RAT. I'm having trouble selecting mine - I'm kind of(o.k, completely) out of control with the number of books on my shelves I haven't yet read (not to mention library and Kindle books)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I'm doing the Read-a-thon too. I'll come visit you.
    I read "A Discovery of Witches" VERY good! can't wait for the second book to come out (prob. a year from now). And I love "Watership Down".
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete