Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Musing Monday's: Being Teased

Musing Monday's is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. This week, MizB asks:

When you were little did other children tease you about your reading habits?

No, other kids didn't tease me about my reading habits.  My father did, though.  He was constantly making comments about me wanting to read.  He called me a bookworm, a little nerd.  He didn't understand why I'd rather read than watch television.  I like some TV but have always preferred a book.  My father never took my books from me so I never paid too much attention to his comments.  I didn't like them but as long as I could have my books - I mostly ignored him.

My kids love their books and reading.  I can't imagine ever trying to taint that love.

2 comments:

  1. The only thing my parents ever said was that I was off somewhere with my nose stuck in a book but I think they were pleased I took such an interest. I was a quiet kid most of the time anyway. My older sister was the loud non-reader type! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately I come from a family of readers, they did not read as much as I did, but at least they and are readers.

    ReplyDelete