Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is finally here. yay! To kick off the event, the coordinators have put together this little meme. I hope everyone has a great time today!
1. Where are you reading from today?
I am reading from home in Southern California. I may venture out to my local Starbucks later for a change of venue and more caffeine, of course.
2. Three facts about me:
1. I am not a morning person - so this 5 a.m. start is difficult for me. Here I am though because I love everything about Dewey’s readathon.
2. My husband and my daughters are my favorite people in all the world. One of my little girls is going to join in the readathon fun later and read some of her kids books with me.
3. In February I started teaching myself to crochet. I am having a great time with it.
3. How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I have five books in my immediate pile. I have plenty others to choose from though in case my mood changes through the day and night. Plus, I have a few choices on my Nook.
4. Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? My goal is to participate through the entire twenty-four hours.
I will read a lot, visit some other participants and probably take on some mini challenges.
5. If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
This is only my second time participating. I don’t know if that makes me a veteran but my best advice is to have fun. I mean, this is basically about reading - something I assume all of the participant’s love. So yeah, have fun!