Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Meet Me On Monday: April 4, 2011

Meet Me on Monday is hosted by Java at Never Growing Old. This weeks questions (and answers) are as follows:

1. If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pasta - any kind of pasta.  It's definitely my food downfall.



2. Do you write your blog posts in advance or the day you post them?
The day I post them.


3. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yes and I was scared beyond belief! My oldest daughter was 17 months and woke up shaking like a leaf and vomitting bile.  Her skin was splotchy, blue and red and hot and cold to the touch.  It was odd and seriously scary.  I called 911 and managed to stay super calm through the entire call.  The operator immediately dispatched the paramedics and they got to us so fast.  When a small child needs to ride in an ambulance - a parent or guardian is required (if able) to be on the gurney and holding the child - which I would have done anyway.  It turned out that my daughter had a urinary tract infection and a fever of 104.3.  They took care of her in the emergency room and we were able to take her home the same day.  I was so thankful for the way every thing was handled.  But I was angry too becaue I had taken her to her pediatrician the day before.  She'd been listless and not eating, drinking or urinating.  All of which were not like her at all.  They told me, "Oh, it's nothing." And I said, "No, something is wrong with my child.  Figure it out!" They didn't and said, "Just bring her back tomorrow if she's still like this."  Needless to say, my husband and I were beyond angry.  We wrote a letter to the medical board and changed our pediatrician.  Wow, I have tears in my eyes writing this.  Over five years later and I still shake at this memory.  And thank God my child is all right.  People need to realize that most parents know their kids pretty darn well and know when somthing is wrong!


4. What is your favorite candle scent?
I love pine because it makes me think of Christmas and being in the mountains.  I also love scents that make me think of Autumn, like cinnamon or apple.


5. Coffee or tea?
Both but I tend to drink more coffee.  Which is really weird because I thoroughly disliked coffee until I was in my mid-twenties.  Now I don't go a day without it.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter began to drink morning coffee only recently...in her 30s...
    What a scary time you had with your daughter...I'm glad it all worked out.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. quick visit from Met me on Monday!
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete