Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read -
Open to a random page -
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The Next Best Thing by Kristan Higgins is the story of Lucy - a young widow - trying to live her life and find love again. I'm almost done with the book. The book is all right and in fact I have laughed out loud a few times. I find Lucy a little annoying, though.

Teaser, from page 173:
"Are you mad at me?"
"I'm not mad at you," Ethan says wearily. It's one o' clock in the morning and we're waiting for me to be discharged from the Emergency Room.

1 comment: