Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Grey's Anatomy: 6-17 Push

While there were definitely brilliant moments in tonight's episode, overall it left me feeling a little frustrated and letdown. For me, this has been the problem with this season of the show. Most of the episodes are like this now. I see glimpses of its former glory but mostly the show is unrecognizable. The next episode airs in two weeks and I'm not bothered by that at all. Whereas, I used to have fits over having to wait a week for a new episode.

And my major grievances with this season: Where the hell is Meredith's storyline? And where the hell is the Meredith and Derek interaction/storyline? Ellen Pompeo's maternity leave is done - give her a storyline for the love of God! What is wrong with ABC and Shonda Rhimes that they are wasting the sublime talent of Ellen Pompeo on a measley amount of lines in each episode. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that she stood up to Owen on Cristina's behalf tonight. Best friends have their best friend's backs, period. Other than that bit of dialogue and a few other lines in the episode, she had nothing. And WHY are we not seeing her and Derek's life together? It's so stinking frustrating!

I did love Mark tonight. I feel so sorry for him. He finally wants to grow up and have a family and he can't catch a break. Although it did look like Teddy was interested there at the end. I actually like the way they are together.

Callie kicked butt tonight, too. I enjoyed her being the stable one and giving sound and grown-up advice. So sad, her wanting kids and Arizona not wanting them. It should be interesting to see how that plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment