Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Garage Sale

Oh my gosh! It has been a long, long time since I've been a part of a garage sale. And I've never done one as a married woman with children. Holy crap! The work involved with one is really not worth the outcome. I keep telling myself it's nice to be more organized and have an idea of what we really want to get rid of and what we want to keep. And while this is true - I really don't want anything to do with another garage sale for a long, long time - if ever!

It was dirty work getting ready for it. It was a lot of work setting up for it. Then our daughters started seeing things they really didn't want to let go and my husband let them bring their stuff back in the house. People drove by but only a few stopped. And only one person actually bought anything. Yes, only one. And did I mention that it was friggin' H-O-T today?

So, while I am glad to be more organized - I'm not interested in another garage sale. I'm more than happy to make a donation to the Goodwill.

No comments:

Post a Comment