Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Alice In Wonderland in 3D

My husband and I had a date tonight. We went to dinner and shared a pasta and seafood dish that was pretty good. Then we bought candy (jelly bellies for me and assorted sour stuff for him) to take with us to the movies.

We had tickets for Alice in Wonderland in 3D and I was beyond excited to see it. I am a major Johnny Depp fan. So, the first bummer was that we had to settle for crappy seats in the third row from the screen. The second bummer was that while wearing the 3D glasses the color of the movie was darkened. I found it really annoying but didn't complain. About twenty minutes into the movie, my husband said he couldn't stand it. Thank God. We decided to try and see the movie in 2D. We had babysitting already - on a Friday night. Who gives that up easily? Which brings us to the third bummer of the night - no 2D movie at a time we could make. So sad.

All in all, it was great to have a date with my husband. And actually, I was quite thrilled with the dinner out and candy. Which I will now share with my girls. Oh, and the girl at the movie theatre was totally cool about refunding our tickets. This just means that my next date night (or afternoon) with my husband will be to see Alice in Wonderland, but NOT in 3D.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys was able to get a date night....sorry to hear about the movie though. That sucks. I think I am going to wait for it to come out on dvd to watch it. Did you ever go see new moon. It comes out on dvd this month. I also watched recently "Up In The Air" with George Clooney. It was pretty good. "Old Guys" with John Travolta and Robin Williams was funny and "Brothers" with Tobey McGuire and Jake Z. was good but sad.

    ReplyDelete