Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

I Am in the Mood to Read...

….Christmas Books! I know it is only the 8th of November but I have already read one short Christmas story (Yours for Christmas by Susan Mallery). I am currently reading Festive in Death by J.D. Robb. Granted, the second isn’t a ‘Christmas book’ per se but it is set during the days leading up to Christmas and there are descriptions of twinkling lights, and joy and nightmare shopping trips into over-crowded places. You know, all the things we love (and some that we don’t) about the holidays in December. Now I have an almost overwhelming urge to read more books that are set during Christmas – even though it’s only November.

The book I really have a hankering to read is Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright. I really thought we owned that book but I can’t seem to find it on our shelves. Knowing me, I gave it away to someone to read because I loved it so much and wanted to share it. So, I went to the library today to check it out and someone already has it. For a moment I was bummed but then I perked up because hey, someone is reading a great book. Plus, I am apparently not the only who wants to start reading Christmas books this early in the season. So yay!

I did get a few Christmas books, though. I had to – it’s the main reason I went to the library. I got The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans. This was one of my grandma’s favorite books so I know it must to be good. I got a couple of others by this same author. I also got a few romance books set during Christmas. One is called A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree. The name and the cover itself made me grin. Then I read the blurb on the back cover and it just had to come home with me.

Is anyone else in the mood to start reading Christmas or other holiday themed books? What are some of your favorites? Oh, and my husband shocked me this evening. He suggested that we start decorating for Christmas. I usually have to practically beg him to get the Christmas decorations down for our daughters and I to decorate. I truly thought he was yanking my chain but he wasn’t. He’s completely on board to get started with the lights and other non-tree decorations around our home. I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment