Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

End of Week Recap

This is the end of week one for National Novel Writing Month. I’ve written nearly 35,000 words and by the end of the night will have reached at least that much – as that’s my goal. I’m happy, so, so, happy that the words are flowing so agreeably. However, there has been a tradeoff this week with other things. Let’s see, I let the dishes go, I let the laundry go, I let my sleep go. A couple of days ago by husband let me know he wasn’t so happy with this so I cleaned up our house and did some laundry. I did more laundry today – although it isn’t folded yet. But hey, at least it’s clean and dry. Also today, my body said, don’t be stupid and shut down to make me sleep for a good long time. Now I feel so much better than I did last night. And I am re-thinking my ‘let it go’ (no, that’s not meant to refer to Frozen) attitude. I’ve decided that it’s more important to me to keep everything running smoothly for my family and myself than it is to reach 100,000 words by the end of this month. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to try because of course I am. It just won’t be at the expense of my family or my own sleep – and therefore health.

Also this week, I have managed to post each day for the blogging challenge National Blog Posting Month. I really want to keep this up and I hope that I manage to do so. Of course, yesterday I made a ‘Wordless Wednesday’ post and it was Thursday. Oops. I also completely spaced going to Bible Study yesterday. Again, oops and another part of the reason I have to give myself a break and aim for the 100k but not to the exclusion of all else.

I just read about a CAL (Crochet-a-Long) that the wonderful Lucy at Attic24 is casually hosting through November and December and possibly into January, if necessary. I really want to do this CAL. For one thing, the blanket she’s created for the CAL is gorgeous but it will also be easy enough to do with all of the other things going on at this time of year. So, I will be joining in on that and posting the progress of my blanket once a week. She’s posting her progress on Sunday’s. So I think I’ll do the same.

How has your week gone? If you are participating in NaNoWriMo or NaBloPoMo how has the first week been? Has it gone the way you’d hoped it would or has it been better? Hopefully it hasn’t been worse but if so, tell me about that, too.

Finally, I am going to a write-in (a group of writer’s hammering out words together for NaNoWriMo) tomorrow at Ikea. Yes, Ikea. Apparently this is a thing in Sweden. So my region here in Southern California is going to give it a go. I’m a little freaked out about it but excited at the same time. Plus, there’s the reward of meatballs at the end. I’m so going to get some!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment