Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

NaNoWriMo Goal Achieved

I have reached my NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) goal for 2015. I hit the 50,000 word mark last night. This is my seventh year participating and I have to say that it is as exciting to reach that goal as it was in 2009 when I first took on this challenge. There’s just something to be said about having such a big goal and meeting it.

I am not done with my novel for the month, though. I want to have this first draft completed by the end of this month. So I am continuing to write every day. Of course, I do that regardless of whether it is November or May or any other month of the year. Writing every day is so natural for me now that I feel as if my day isn’t complete if I haven’t written by early evening. It may sound a little odd but it’s true nonetheless.

If you’re participating in NaNoWriMo – how is it going for you? There’s still plenty of time to finish – so keep going. And remember, every word counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment