Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Musing Mondays: The Girl in the Spider's Web

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme put on at A Daily Rhythm that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: Have you ever chosen a book, mostly because of its cover art, and then regretted it because the content didn’t live up to your expectations?

I am currently reading The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz. This is the fourth book in the once wildly popular Millennium series by Stieg Larsson. For those who don't know, Larsson passed away right after turning in the third book but he had most of a fourth book written and on his laptop. There was a long legal battle as to who retained the rights to that book - Larsson's longtime fiancé or his father and brother.

I honestly don't know if The Girl in the Spider's Web is the book that Larsson had written before his death or if it is completely written by Lagercrantz. I do know that I have been very anxious to read this book. I'm a couple of chapters in and definitely enjoying it. I only have it for one more week from the library, though. I hope I can finish it in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment