Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2016

RWA Itinerary

I am going to the Romance Writers of America Annual Conference this coming week. I am really excited about it because this is my first time going. They offer a 'First Timers'' orientation which my friend and I are definitely going to attend. However, as I was looking through all the workshops they will be offering I began to feel slightly overwhelmed about it. I had this vision of myself standing in the middle of the hotel feeling lost and out of sorts. I'm sure that won;t be the case but still - I decided to make myself an itinerary.

There are over one hundred workshops to choose from, Keynote speakers, an awards ceremony and other events along with all of the networking opportunities. I want to make the best of this conference and get the most out of it that I can. With this in mind I sat down the other night and started reading about every workshop that is going to be available. I made choices for each time slot. For the majority of them I was able to choose easily. However, there are a few time slots where I am interested in more than one class. In fact, there is one where I like the sound of four of the classes! Obviously I can only go to one but I love that there is so much to choose from. I feel better having it narrowed down and things written down.

I'm really looking forward to the conference and will share more about it when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment