Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Harry Potter!

To say that I am excited about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is a major understatement! My kids are excited about this book, too! We are going to our local Barnes and Noble this evening to celebrate the release of the book and to purchase it at midnight! My children have been to the Harry Potter release parties in the past. One vaguely remembers and the other was an infant so definitely does not remember being there. They have been looking forward to this as much - and possibly even more - as I have. They came to me earlier in the week and said that they didn't have Harry Potter t-shirts for the party and could we please get some. OF COURSE I said yes and we went shopping for them. So tonight we'll all be wearing our new Harry Potter t-shirts and celebrating the release of the new book.

I heard someone talking about the Harry Potter excitement on the radio today. She said with so many disheartening things going on in the world it is so nice to see so many people excited about reading and getting a book. I completely agree with her! Also, I read that Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the highest selling book (at Barnes and Noble, at least) since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released nine years ago. To me that is an amazing fact! So, is anyone else excited about this book? If so, are you going to any of the celebrations or buying it at midnight?

No comments:

Post a Comment