Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Oh my...

I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I have wanted this newly illustrated and formatted edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone since I first learned of it. My husband and children got it for me for my birthday - at the suggestion of my youngest. I haven't been through the entire book as of yet but what I have seen is absolutely breath-taking. The new illustrations by Jim Kay are so stunning and right on, in my opinion. They bring the story to life all over again. And even though my kids and I know this story inside and out we all want to read it together once more so that we can experience it in the midst of the new illustrations. I don't know if there are plans to do this same thing with the other six books but I sure hope they do!
 
Editing to Add: They ARE doing new editions of all seven books - with Jim Kay doing the illustrations! I am beyond excited about this! My husband laughed and said I am buying into the 'marketing machine' because of course I want all of them. I said that's all right because this is ART! Also, here is a great interview with Jim Kay:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment