Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Picking a topic

NaNoWriMo begins in three days and I have yet to decide on a topic. I though I had and even set up my novel page with the title. That is all I have though because I am a definite 'pantser' when it comes to doing NaNoWriMo. I have an idea and a few details in my head but no formal outline or pages of notes or index cards pinned to my bulletin board. I don't even have Post-It notes with anything scribbled down on them on my desk. This will all change as of November first, of course, when the fun and craziness that is NaNoWriMo officially begins.

For now, I have three ideas that I can't seem to make up my mind about. I like all of them. My original idea has been percolating in my brain for a while now. It is the next story in my small town series. I also have an idea to write an inter-connected series of short stories. Then this morning I saw the latest story starter on A Daily Rhythm and now I have one more idea. The prompt is:

They met too soon.

How cool is that? I immediately had a great idea for that prompt. The thing is, now I have a third idea for November and I don't know which one to go with. I suppose, being the pantser that I am, I will see what I am feeling inspired to write as the clock turns over from Halloween to November fist and the writing fun and madness that is the next month.

What about you? Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? Are you a 'pantser' or a 'plotter'? Please share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment