Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Grateful

I think it’s too easy to fixate on the things that are negative in this world. At least it is for me. I consider myself a positive, optimistic person but I do allow myself to get bogged down in the stresses of life. So tonight, I’d like to take some time to focus on some people and things that I am grateful for in my life.

1.   My Husband – He is my best friend and I am grateful for him every single day. He works so hard for our family. He loves us and supports us in so many ways. I’m lucky to have him and love him more every day.

2.   My Children – My husband and I have two amazing daughters. We are so incredibly blessed with our girls. They are individuals, of course, but they are both so smart and loving and cute and funny and sweet. They crack me up and make love swell in my heart on a daily basis.

3.   Extended Family and Friends – I love, adore and appreciate our extended family and friends. Our close friends are like extended family to us and it’s wonderful. We’ve been spending a lot of time with members of our extended family and it is a blessing that I am so thankful for.

4.   Writing and Books – I have to put these together because they’re both important to me. I love writing books and will make a career out of it. However, I love reading books, too. My oldest daughter has been learning about the fact that women haven’t always been allowed to have an education and she is appalled by this. I remember feeling the same at her age. It has made me think again about how lucky we are to have the right to an education in our country. I am thankful that I can read and write books and not have to be afraid of either.

5.   Music – Just as writing and books, I can’t even begin to imagine my life without music. My daughter is learning the trumpet and it makes me smile every time I hear her practice. Of course, there are also so many talented music artists in the world that we all love to listen to. As a matter of fact we’re listening to one of the weekly music countdowns as I write this post.

So, these are a few things I am so grateful for.

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy reading posts about gratitude. Expressing gratitude and being thankful for one's many blessings is the key to happiness!

    ReplyDelete