Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Books Set in Autumn

My October calendar picture is of a gorgeous covered bridge with a classic, cherry red pickup truck about to cross it. The picture automatically evokes images and words of a simpler time in my mind. The picture also got me to thinking of trips I used to take into Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire from Boston when I lived there.

New England is such a gorgeous part of the world and I miss it quite a bit in October (and Spring when the flowers are blooming). This got me to wishing for a really good book where the atmosphere of Autumn is very much a part of the story. Does anyone know of such a book or books? If so, please let me know. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures taken in Boston (the trees) and Vermont (the covered bridge).

ETA: For some reason I cannot attach pictures right now. I will come back and add the pictures when this feature is working again.

No comments:

Post a Comment