Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon: The Wrap-Up

Yesterday was the 24 Hour read-a-thon. I started a little late because five on a Saturday morning, is not going to happen in my house unless it’s an emergency. Thankfully though – there were no emergencies yesterday. There was a lot of reading, a lot of interruptions and a lot of bookish camaraderie, though. I didn’t make the entire twenty-four hours, either. I fell asleep sometime during the twenty-first hour. I had set my alarm when I realized I was getting tired and moving around was rejuvenating me. When the alarm went off I really thought about getting up and finishing the read-a-thon out. Guess what? I turned off my alarm and went back to sleep. I simply could not force myself to leave my warm, cozy bed and turn the light back on to read.

I did get to read a ton yesterday, though. I managed to get in over three hundred pages. Believe me when I say that is amazing considering the number of interruptions I had yesterday. I still had a ton of fun, too. My kids read with me some of the time which was nice. I think as time goes by and I continue to participate in this and other read-a-thons and challenges my kids’ involvement will grow as well. My youngest especially is quite the bookworm like her mama. I can imagine us talking about and sharing books for all of our lives. The nicest part of yesterday was when my kids and I were cuddled in bed together, reading our books and then talking about them with one another.

I was able to participate in a couple of the mini-challenges and on Twitter a little. I also really liked the addition of the group on GoodReads. That’s a great idea. All in all I consider yesterday to be a win. I will most definitely participate in Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-thon again in April 2015.

Oh, and let me share that making our dinner in the Crock Pot turned out to be a fabulous idea! For one thing, the beef stew made our home smell so good for much of yesterday. Also, dinner last night was a breeze. Another win in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment