Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon Begins

So, here we go. I didn't make my 5 a.m. start but 6:30 is fine by me for a wonderful Saturday morning in October. Before opening my current read, Sandra Brown's Low Pressure, here is an opening meme from the read-a-thon:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Southern Californin, U.S.A.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Any and all that I read. I am loving Low Pressure though, so I'm excited to get back to it.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Veggies and Ranch dip for a snack. I'm most looking forward to dinner - Beef Stew that is going to cook in the Crock Pot all day. YUM!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a lifelong lover of reading. I am doing my best to teach this love of reading to my kids because I think it's important but also so enjoyable. I must be succeeding to some degree because they are doing the read-a-thon with me today. Although, they're still asleep right now.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I'm making our dinner in the Crock Pot. I think that will be a huge time saver later this evening.

So there you go - a little about me and the fun day we're going to have around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment