Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Week one of 2017

I can't believe we're already a week into the new year. We're taking down all of Christmas decorations this weekend. It makes me a little sad but I know it's time. My kids are trying hard to convince their dad and I to 'just leave them up all year'. They make me smile with their enthusiasm and their spirit but I have a feeling they'd get tired of it all eventually, too. Maybe not, though.

In addition to putting away all of our decorations we've been continuing on with our Harry Potter movie marathon. I love seeing how much my kids love something that was/is so important to me, as well. My oldest is reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. She keeps excitedly sharing with me from the book. Her main theme is: "There are so many details in the book that aren't in the movie!" She is a visual person and absolutely loves the movies so I'm thrilled to realize she loves the books just as much and possibly more. Thank you, J. K. Rowling for all of your wonderful and vivid details that make your wizarding world come alive in the imaginations of my children - and all who read and love your books!

No comments:

Post a Comment