Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Gorgeous salad

Image may contain: food

I took the time this afternoon to make a huge salad for the weekend! My kids eat raw vegetables far better than cooked so I'm thrilled to be able to do this for my family. It's fortunate that my husband and I prefer veggies this way, too. We've been doing our best to eat clean and I have to say it gets easier as time goes on. I read recently that the green leafy stems on radishes are incredibly good for you. I'm embarrassed to admit that I always chopped those off the radish and threw them out! Now that I know though, I cleaned them really well, chopped them small and added them in the salad along with fresh spinach. My kids cleaned their plates this afternoon - none the wiser about the spinach they claim to dislike. Although, in their defense (and mine) what we dislike is cooked spinach - raw is apparently fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment