Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Opportunity

Today's letter for the Blogging From A to Z Challenge is O.

Opportunity: I've really been trying to take to heart the idea of being open to opportunity. In a way this may sound odd that as a writer I'm working on being open to the idea. The thing is though, in some respects, I'm kind of shy. I think most people that know me will be scratching their heads over that sentence. The thing is, when it comes to the act of sharing my writing it is absolutely true that I shy away from doing so. I think that that is due in large part to a fear of rejection. So, I'm actively working on getting over this and embracing opportunities to share my writing. It's not an easy thing for me. For example, my husband has asked me to read something I've written out loud on more than one occasion. I can't do it. I physically cannot stand in front of him and read a chapter or even a paragraph of something I've written to him. I don't mind if he reads it to himself but I can't do it. I have to get over this and I know it. To a degree, I feel like I should be able to read and share my own writing with people I know. I know that I am becoming a better writer everyday. Now I just have to create and accept opportunity to move another step forward with my dream.

1 comment:

  1. I'm shy to show off my writing too, but at the same time I want people to read what I worked so hard for. It's kind of a conflicting feeling...

    ReplyDelete