Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Home

The Blogging From A to Z Challenge continues today with the letter H.

Home: My youngest daughter just came in and saw this post. She said, "Home is nice. Home is where we live and love our family." I had a different beginning in mind but what she said is even better. Home to me is also a safe place where I can be myself and that helps me to create. Home and family play a role in every book I've ever written. I feel safe in saying that the elements of home and family will continue to be in each of my books. It's important to me that my husband and I give our daughters a safe, happy place to call home. So my daughter saying what she said has touched my heart in an enormous way.

Her quote is exactly what I hope to convey in my stories, as well. Often, my characters are either struggling with a big issue or have something from their past that needs dealing with. I admit that there have been times that they haven't come from the best of families so I try to make up for that in their present situations. In my opinion home is a place but it is also a feeling and a sense of security.

This is a quick post tonight but please don't think that makes it less meaningful. Tomorrow I'll blog about Inspiration and Integrity for the letter I.

3 comments:

  1. Very true on all of it. That's wonderful your daughter feels that way about her home :)

    Happy A to Z-ing!
    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your daughter got the meaning of home spot on :)
    Suzanne @Suzannes Tribe
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home is where the heart is...is a saying for a reason. Best of luck with the challenge! (www.thetaxchic.com)

    ReplyDelete