Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Musing Monday's - Obligation

Musing Monday's is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing:

How often do you read a book, just because you’re in the mood to read it? Not because you’re obligated to for a book club, or a challenge, or for review.
 The majority of my reading is done because I want to read the book.  My 'obligation' reading was done in school.  Do I belong to a book club? Yes.  Do I read books for review and for book challenges? Yes and once again, yes.  However, while these are situations I have indeed chosen to put myself into - I do not see them as a hinderance.  These are just ways to further my love of reading and connect with others who share my passion for the written word.  As I've said in the past - I don't know very many people in my face-to-face life who love to read the way I do.  I am thankful for the opportunities to share the books I love and even express my opinion on the ones I don't like.


Reading - to me - is a joy and a privilege.  If reading started to feel like a chore - I'd be very sad.  And I'd change whatever was making it feel that way to me.

5 comments:

  1. I agree it is a joy and privilege. I don’t obligate myself to reading something unless I am in the mood for it. Check out my answer for this weeks Monday Musing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/09/musing-mondays_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree. Even the books I read for research must be enjoyable otherwise I question why I'm researching this topic to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answer - obligation was in school. Here's my response on my blog

    ReplyDelete