Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon is taking place on Saturday, October 22, 2011.  This fabulous, world wide event is in three weeks and this will be my third time participating.  The twenty-four hours is filled with mini challenges, visits from cheer leaders (you can even be a cheer leader, if you want), fun readathon updates throughout the event.  And reading; lots and lots of reading - or just a little if you prefer.  How much you read, what you read and even how long you read is entirely up to you.  I have yet to make it the entire 24 hours but I do give it my best shot.

This is a no stress, FUN reading event.  It is also an opportunity to connect with other book loving people.  AND it's a chance to work through that stack (or stacks) of books waiting to be read on your bookshelf.  If any or all of this sounds like fun to you - head on over and sign up.

Another thing I quite love about this event is that my kids are into it, as well.  We pick out books from the library and shop for yummy food.  They know that the day of the event will have some sort of foodie treat(s).  They also know that there will be devoted cuddle and reading time - usually in the later afternoon; once they're done playing and I need a mellow pick-me-up.  I am all about instilling a love for reading in my kids and the readathon definitely helps.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lot of fun! I'll go check it out. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete