Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011

It's only four-and-a-half days until the NaNoWriMo adventure begins for 2011.  I love this writing challenge so much.  The idea is to write fifty thousand (yes, 50,000!) words toward a first draft of a novel during the thirty days of November.  This will be my fourth time participating (three in November and once this past August) and I'm going to do things a tad bit differently this time.  In the past I have had a general idea of what I wanted to write but no sort of outline.  I've just taken my ideas and flown with them.  And while this has worked (since I've won each time) I just need to be more organized this time.  There is just too much insanity in my life right now to enter November without a writing plan.  So, for the next few days, I will spend some time really getting to know my characters and fleshing out the details for their story. 

I aim to start December with something really solid to edit and possibly add to - with the full intention of publishing.  Who else is participating in NaNoWriMo this year? Are you starting off organized or just flying by the seat of your pants? My novel is titled Leave a Light On; and while I'm anxious to get started, I'm also glad I have a few days left to plan.  Good luck to everyone taking part in the NaNo fun and insanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment