Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Musing Monday's - Cover Judge

Musing Monday's is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing:

Do you judge a book by its cover?


As much as I wish I could reply absolutely not - that would be a lie.  I do sometimes judge a book by its cover.  When it comes right down to it - the description and reading a few pages is what helps me decide whether or not to read a book.  However, if I find the cover at all ridiculous or ludicrous - I'm likely to just check the book out from the library or get it for my Nook.

On the other hand, if a cover is beautiful to me or artistically inspiring, then I want the actual book with cover art.  Assuming, of course, that the actual content is also appealing.

2 comments:

  1. I agree :)
    Even though I'd love to say I don't, I'm a complete cover slut.
    Here's my MM post :)
    I see you're participating in the 24-hour read-a-thon as well! Yay :)
    Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are meant to judge a book by the cover...at least to a degree.

    ReplyDelete