Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Musing Monday's: Unrealistic

Musing Monday's is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. This week, MizB asks:

Do you care if the book’s storyline is unrealistic? Will you keep reading, or will you set the book aside?


For me it entirely depends upon the book and how well it is written.  For example, i read A Discovery of Witches by Debra Harkness a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved the book.  The main characters in the book are a witch and a vampire - very unrealistic.  However, as I said, I love the book.

On the other hand, I have read a few of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward.  Again, we're talking about main characters that are vampires.  I like the first few books in the series but grew to be annoyed by the writing and the poor story telling in later books of the series.  in fact, I haven't even read the last two and probably won't.  This is true for me and Charlaine Harris' Sookie series.

Overall, I can step out of 'reality' and enjoy a book as long as it is well-written.  if the book is poorly written, I definitely lose interest.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I love the the first Sookie Series book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quit both series for that series. It's sad.

    ReplyDelete