Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Booking Through Thursday: No Movie, Please

Booking Through Thursday is a fun weekly question and answer session, based on books, of course.  This week, the question is:

And–the reverse of last week’s question. Name one book that you hope never, ever, ever gets made into a movie (no matter how good that movie might be).

I recently read A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness.  I absolutely loved the book and know that  it is to be the first in a trilogy of books.  As soon as I finished the book, I went looking for information on when the second book is due for release.  While researching, I read all sorts of posts, comments, etc about people wanting a movie based on the book.  I am in the minority because I hope there isn't a movie of the book.  Harkness did such a beautiful job with the book that I would really hate to see it distorted into a movie.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I have this one on my tbr pile I'll have to read it and see if it's good movie material.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/booking-through-thursday-16.html

    ReplyDelete