Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Writing Thoughts

I've had a lot on my mind about writing lately.  I need to post this now as I am going out with my firend Julia tonight.  When we get to talking - well, let's just say we both lose all track of time.  Right, Julia? LOL

2010 has been a bumpy year for me writing wise.  I kept up with my writing because it is just something I have to do for myself.  However, I'm not super thrilled with anything I wrote this year.  There are a couple of things I like well enough, but nothing that I really love.  Strangely, I'm all right with this and accept that not every thing is going to be perfect.  Sometimes, I just have to write something to keep in practice and settle the urge I have to do it.

I'm hoping to complete writing projects in 2011 that I am more proud of, though.  I am going to keep better track of what I write, as well.  I'm not going to stress myself out over the amount I write but strive for more fulfilling works in progress.  I'm going to try to write - from start to finish, including editing - two novels this year.  Plus I'll do NaNoWriMo in November and hopefully complete one work in progress that I've had since 2009.  It seems like a lot but I want the challenge.

Of course, there is always my dream of becoming published.  I have to work harder at this part of it.  As I said a couple of months ago - I get lazy about this part of the process.  I am going to put more effort into finding myself an agent this year.  So yeah, I'm filling my writing cup to the brim but I feel up to the challenges I'm giving myself.  Feel free to keep me accountable.  LOL

What are your big goals for the year?

4 comments:

  1. I have no idea what you are talking about Sheery ;) ha ha. Looking forward to tonight!

    Actually, I don't think I've ever been out with you to a coffee shop/restaurant where we haven't been kicked out at closing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again.

    'Feel free to keep me accountable'

    Ok, you asked for it, I will be nagging, ehh, I mean encouraging you, throughout 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling positive about 2011, and sending positive vibes your way too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julia and Trisha! I am feeling positive about the New year, too. I'm ready for it to begin.

    ReplyDelete