Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Christmas Carol - Stave Five: The End of It

"God Bless Us, Every One!"

As iconic as it is, I believe Dickens ended his book in the most beautiful way.  The fact that Tiny Tim is the one to wish the above blessing makes it all the sweeter.  It is the epitome of pure love, giving and innocence.  And if that doesn't sum up the Spirit of Christmas - I don't know what does.

I truly loved this book.  This final Stave - and witnessing Scrooge in the glory of his redemtion was such a gift.  It shows that even the grouchiest, stingiest person truly can change; then go on to live out a spiritually rich and giving life.

I will absolutely read this book again.  My children are still a bit too small for the story but I look forward to reading it with them at some point in the future.  I feel this book is indeed a family classic.

Merry Christmas to everyone.  I hope 2011 is full of happiness for all.

Here are links for the previous posts of the read-a-long if you are interested: Stave One, Stave Two, Stave Three and Stave Four

No comments:

Post a Comment