Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

Musing Mondays: Favorite childhood book

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What is your most favorite book from your childhood?
There are three books that automatically come to mind for me when I recall my childhood. They are: Black Beauty by Anna Sewell, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain and A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. To this day I love all three of these books and they all hold a special place in my heart. Black Beauty and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer are books that my Grandma helped me to learn to read with. I fell in love with books at the same time I was falling in love with Black Beauty. A Wrinkle in Time is my most favorite from childhood, though. This book opened so many doors in my imagination. It is also the book that helped me to realize I could be a writer, too. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally forgot to list Tom Sawyer...I should have, as I remember it because it was the first book I checked out of the town library. I reread it a few times, and "acted out" the characters. I was Becky. lol.

    Thanks for sharing, and here is my MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete