Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Author business cards

Yes, author business cards are a thing. I had no idea of this until I went to the California Dreamin' Writers Conference last year. I felt a little silly when someone asked me for a business card and I didn't have one. Then I forgave myself because you don't know something until you learn it and that was my learning experience.

So, with the Romance Writers of America national conference coming up I figured I'd better have business cards this time. I had a heck of a time deciding on which cards to order. There was an abundance of choice but I had a difficult time finding a design that was exactly what I wanted - which was and is, clean, simple and pretty. It doesn't seem like that should have been hard but oh it was. The RWA conference is in sixteen days and I knew I was running out of time to order the cards if I wanted them to arrive in time. So last night, I sat down with my laptop, the website open to order the cards and enlisted my husband's help. I'm so glad I did because he pointed out a couple of good things about the cards I was finally interested in. With his help and tips in mind I narrowed it down to two choices. This afternoon I made up my mind and ordered the business cards. They are set to arrive by July 6th. I can't wait to get them. Even more, I can't wait to have the opportunity to hand them out the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment